Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Waspy Monday-Tuesday Kind of Day

I rolled out of bed late today.  I begged myself to stay in bed, but this "stellar"ness egged me on.  I rolled out of bed, grabbed my jeans and favorite sweater of late, and got ready for work to spite myself. So, first of all, I am grateful for that sweater and the defiance it gave me today.  (no dress pants, no pretty shirt - all comfort, all for me, stick your "dress code".)

I went into work waspy.  Not productive like a bee, but sting-ish, like a wasp.  I tend to do that on Monday/Tuesdays after a good long weekend.  I went to my office, and avoided other humans for a loooooong time today.  I did much counting before speaking today, and opted for the bambi rule plenty.  I am grateful for willing my mouth shut today, and for avoiding some of the sting of my own day.  

All in all, it really wasn't a bad day, but I really would prefer to be independently wealthy, or if I can't be, I do wish I could be doing something I love.  That is not the case, and so today... waspy - and I am ok with it.  

My son's humor broke my waspy mood, and filled me with laughter.  He wrote a story for his English class that had me rolling in the kitchen, and for that, I am grateful.  I was grateful, as well, to be able to share it, and pay forward some humor in someone else's day.  

There are some things still shifting in the Earth.  I can feel it.  I keep expecting the Earth to just crack open and lay this altering path in front of me.  The waiting is ... well... waspy.  I would prefer to just bee.  






No comments:

Post a Comment