Saturday, February 25, 2012

Inside Days

I shouldn't be surprised.  Mother nature through us a mean right hook, and we are sitting in about twelve centimeters of snow.  I decided very early in the day - inside day. 

I am grateful for this indoor day that allowed me the time for a project that kept me busy a better part of the day.  I have turned a treasured bird feeder I have odd sentimental attachment to into a pepper house - an indoor hanging garden of peppers and herbs.  

It needed much TLC as it swung in the tree out front.  Today, it saw some love.  

This was Mrs. Mastre's bird feeder that hung in the tree at the acreage I rented from her family after she passed away.  It moved with me, and had hung out in the tree in my front yard until today. 


The seasons have been hard on it. :(


This is the not so finished pepper house.  It's repaired, stained, and filled with seed starter, waiting for life to fill it again.  

I like to think that Mrs. Mastre would like it, and be grateful I took care of it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment