Saturday, December 31, 2011

12 Things To Welcome 2012


Somethings, even the simplest things, just make me gush with warm fuzzy feelings.  I decided today, to fill my day, the last day of the year, with some of my favorite things.  What a way to bring in the New Year - welcome it with smiles, simplicity, and gratitude.

Here is a count down, in honor of the 2012 eve.  Twelve of my favorite things that filled my day, and kept me full of warm, fuzzy gratitude.


12.  Moonstones.  Ok- this I didn't get today, It actually came in the mail yesterday.  It's my wonderfully beautiful moon stone ring.  I have fallen completely in love with it.  (eat your heart out Silpada, I got it on ebay for five dollars).

11.  A Wind River micro fleece blanket that is like being wrapped in a teddy bear for my favorite chair.


10.  Cheese cake for a New Years Eve Dessert.


9.  Pre-ordered (smart thinking!) Chinese food for supper


8.  Fuzzy pj pants and tank tops - perfect for movie watching. (and yes, those are gingerbread men, and yes, they are indeed pink - I am tough enough)


7.  I sat for a half an hour and watched half of the Bill Engvall special.  Is there anyone funnier? No. I don't think there is.  "Here's your sign..."

6.  A warm cup of mocha coffee (specifically mixed...carnation hot chocolate-with the marshmallows- mixed with warm milk, infused with Three Sisters Kicking Horse coffee), in one of my favorite pottery mugs, made by my friend Laura Castle. 


5. Time to sit and write my blog while sipping my coffee, listening to "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the food network.  We allllll know I love that!




4.  New socks... oh my goodness, do I love new socks!  The way they fit, hugging your arches, securing your step... new socks almost deserve a blog all on their own.  



3.  My husband was done work early today, home for the quiet New Year's Eve.  Isn't the eye roll charming?



2.   My pretty girlie stopped by to feed her bunny today, and ran in for a kiss. Stolen moments with my kids - pure joy. 



1.  Anticipation of a New Year ahead.  A time for ambition, intentions and hope.  Here's to new beginnings, my friends, here's to 2012. Remember to take time for all of your favorite things this year. 





1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love it!!!!! Happy New Year, my beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete