Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Abacus of Blessings

It is very easy to forget how lucky we are, until we learn of someone else's challenge.  It is then, that we find ourselves counting our blessings, over and over, reminding ourselves to never, ever take advantage of time, or health, or moments.  I am grateful to have so many blessings that I cannot count them on both hands, and even if I take off my socks, the blessings out number my physical abacus.

I am grateful for times when I remember to be the friend I would like to have.  I am grateful for times when I accept there are no words to ease someone else's pain, or fear, but offer what I have - time, a shoulder, a friendly face, an ear to listen, a heart to love, and soul that talks to God.  

My friend, when you think you have no more strength to carry on, when you have fallen, and getting up seems impossible, I will be there, bringing you back, putting your feet on the ground, and taking the world from shoulders and placing it in your hands.  This is what this friend does - and I have never been more grateful for knowing what the true love of a friend is.  


As I learned, you will never walk alone. 






No comments:

Post a Comment