Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lucky - And I Know It.

My goodness what a busy day!  So, so busy, in fact, that I barely know what to write, or where to start with my gratitude.

I spent my afternoon with 32 kids, caroling in our downtown area.  Let me tell you what I saw.  I saw people...people with frowns, grimaces, furrowed brows... people who stopped dead in their tracks to listen to children singing out the spirit of Christmas.  I saw faces change, I watched memories brew with tunes, and I saw smiles grow on the faces as the voices of children touched their hearts.  People sang along, they cheered, the clapped, they praised, and they wished the children a Merry Christmas... and then they wished each other a Merry Christmas...and the cashiers, and the sales people.  I saw Christmas spirit grow.  I am grateful for the voices of children, and for the break in such a fast pace, and for memories.

I came home and helped out with a Christmas present in my own home.  My dad helped install a new dishwasher today in my kitchen.  I watched, I learned, I helped.  I am grateful for the wonderful teacher I have in my father.  I am grateful for my father, how much I am like him, and the love we have for each other.

My kids are all a buzz with the wonder of Christmas - and that in itself is worth a mention.  I am grateful for their spirits, their hearts, their wonder and their love for Christmas.

I summed up my day with a glass of wine with my dear friend.  My amica stretta.  I charmed her a bracelet for Christmas and she warmed my heart with her loving, genuine smile.  I am so grateful for my true friends, those close to my heart, and part of my soul.

I look around and there is just so much everyday to be grateful for.  But today, I have a special point of gratitude as well.  I am grateful for my husband, who got up at three in the morning today, working in the wee hours while we slept.  I am grateful for his hard work, and for his dedication to our family and to our household.  I work at job where I may enjoy a little bit of flexibility, and I installed a new dishwasher, and I spent time with my kids today because he went to work at three a.m.  I am not only grateful, but lucky, and I know it.

I could blog on, and on, and on tonight.  My heart is full.



No comments:

Post a Comment