Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reset

I spent my day organizing and cleaning, replenishing the peace in my home.  A whole day, where I should have done nothing but relax, and I filled it with bathrooms, vacuuming, laundry and so on, and so on.  One might think that I would find irritation in it, but, in fact, I found it very grounding.

I find solace in my spaces, the ones where I take the time to put things where I like them, and blend the colors the way I like them.  And the post-Christmas clean gives me...well...a reset.  And with the reset, comes a time of recoup.  Recuperation from the holiday, from the scheduled chaos, and from the interruption of my spaces.  I take pride in the cleaning, the cleansing, the purification of it all.  I am grateful for the reset, and I will save my relaxation for the weekend ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment