Saturday, December 17, 2011

Swing Of The Pendulum

What an intriguing day.  I was up long before I had anticipated. and I woke up with a belly full of ambition.  My time today, was of perfect proportion - not too slow, not too fast, just the perfect pace to keep time moving.

I filled my days with little chores, simple things I have put off combined with things that needed to be done.  I putzed, I spun, I puttered - like cogs in a clock, turning and spinning in constant motion, with the purpose of passing time.  I was the nuts and bolts in my own day, ensuring nothing came loose, and the hands were never idle, or seizing.

Funny that I chose to mix up a batch of Nuts & Bolts today.  I always marvel in the hindsight of what I had chosen to cook during my day.  Nuts & Bolts, just like my day.  I can still smell the slow simmer of spices wafting in the house, and feel the constant warm of the oven filling the kitchen I kept myself busy in all day.

I let my music play today, sliding through me, tuning the cogs, letting the nuts and bolts adjust with ease, keeping the rhythm of the day swinging like a well weighted pendulum.  I am grateful today for the smooth ease of function, the nuts and bolts, the cogs, and for every swing of the pendulum.






No comments:

Post a Comment