Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Family Tree

Today was the day we broke out the Christmas garb.  We set up the tree, strung the lights and ribbon, and one by one, sorted through our memories.  I don't have one "set" of ornaments on my tree.  Every single one came from a place of love.  There are gifts, and treasures, there are crafts and glittering wonders.    I am filled with sentimentality and blissful memories, and I am grateful for everyone; for each Baby's First Christmas, for every beaded candy cane, for every single smile that resulted in hanging ornaments.  I loved every "remember when", and every single "ohhh I got this one from...".

And when it's all done, and the day light dims, and the lights sparkle a light like no other, I get very teary at the family on my tree.  I am grateful for the moments and people that make our family Christmas tree.




The angel on top...well, she's there to hear me every time I whisper "I wish you were here".  

No comments:

Post a Comment