Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hanging By A Moment

Sometimes I find myself at the end of a rope - and I often say, "tie a knot a hang on".  But what happens when you get to a place where there's not enough left to tie the knot?

I like to think that in all of my almost 36 years of life, I have experienced a lot, and learned so much.  I have become a better person than I once was, and that is important to me.  I have propelled my life forward through many challenges, and for that, I am not only grateful, but proud of myself.  But there are times, in the harsh darkness of the early morning, when I question if I have learned enough.  Have I learned enough?  Have I gathered enough strength in who I am to not accept things that are unacceptable?  Is there, all of the sudden, space in my life for so much that I put behind me without looking back?  How is it that becoming invisible is so easy after such a hard lesson?

The answer is... I find myself hanging by moments.  There are moments of magic that I cling to, like hanging onto the branch of a well rooted tree.  I hang onto moments that took my breath away, moments that stopped time.  I am always grateful for the moments, but is there a point of over-gratitude?  Are the sum of the moments enough to braid together to create more rope, so perhaps there's room to tie a knot?  


How many moments are enough?




No comments:

Post a Comment