Saturday, December 3, 2011

Comfort Food

Where did the day go?  The sky is dark, speckled with snow flakes that shine in the light of the street lights.

It's been another snowy, blustery day.  I am already tired of winter.  My work out today - shoveling sidewalks and the driveway - all to be dusted again with fresh falling snow.  Drat...   I started soup stock before I went outside, and was welcomed with a waft of the delicious, homey scent of warm soup.  I threw some buns in the oven and added some life to my soup stock.  Chicken, spices, broccoli, spices, carrots, spices, celery, spices, and noodles.  Oodles and oodles of noodles.

I am grateful for comfort food - home made soup and warm buns on a blustery day.  I am grateful for my warm house and a good movie.  I am grateful for my comforts of home, sweet home.



No comments:

Post a Comment