Friday, December 2, 2011

Sucker for Sappy

I didn't know what I was going to write about tonight.  I really was at a loss about what I wanted to say.  That doesn't happen often.

Click...tv on...click, click, flip, flip... Folgers commercial.  A big brother comes home from Africa and his sister meets him at the door...sappy, sappy, sappy... coffee, coffee, coffee... gulpy with tears in my eyes?!


Oh, I love touching commercials, and I am a sucker for anything that makes me warm and fuzzy and teary.  I don't mind at all watching a commercial and getting teary, I love watching movies that empty me when I am too over stacked.  Tonight, watching a coffee commercial, I am grateful that I allow free flowing emotion within myself.  I can recognize touching moments, relate to them, maybe even want them to be mine (yes that's what Folgers accomplished right there in my living room today - good job ad team!).  I am so grateful I am so far from robotic.


...yeah, sometimes I wish the moments were mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment