Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dance With Me

Another busy, busy day, and a busy night of Christmas party socialization.  I love the opportunity to get shiny, and dressed up, and socialize.  We had some good laughs, and great food, and I think my feet will eventually forgive me for the shoes I jammed them into for five and a half hours.

Among the lights, and the laughter, and the hum of it all, comes a moment where I hear the beat of a song, and I know, I get to capture a moment.  I know there's a point, I can whisper to my husband "dance with me", and he will.  And then it happens, out there on the dance floor.  It's the quick twirl that makes the skirt of my dress spin like a princess, and the rest of the room disappear.  It's the moment where it becomes just he and I, and matched steps, and a memory of the first time I got caught up in the spin.  I am grateful for being spun off my feet.  That's where it all started, that's where I can always find it, and I am in love.  And it's as simple as that.





I am also grateful for the little bit of ego that I have to say I am grateful when it looks better on me than the hanger ; ) .



No comments:

Post a Comment