Monday, November 21, 2011

Escape from Reality

It's late-ish...I should be in bed.  I have had a pretty good day - for a Monday.  I got a lot accomplished, I walked through my day with kindness and finished it with a movie night treat, split up among my crazy family dynamic.  Mack went with his oldest step sister, Cass with me and another step sister... I am grateful for peaceful family love, and movie night treats.

There is something about getting lost in a movie - the escape into another world, into another person's life.  The fantasy of it all can be very intoxicating.  It's a capture of time where I don't have to think... ideally.  I will just be grateful for a two hour time period of non-reality, and revel in the dreaminess of it all.  I will be grateful for the excitement of movie night in the eyes of a child, the smiles and laughter, and time with family, and an escape.

.

.

.

.


If I get into the over thinking of it all, I feel I may implode.  Maybe if I wasn't so tired... Maybe if I wanted to talk about the illusion of "movie love" vs reality and what it does to the mind and the human perception of how people are supposed to be... Maybe if it wasn't late-thirty...

.

.

.


Something persists in nagging at my soul.  If I could just put my finger on it... or stop that crushing feeling in my chest... Come on Universe... give me a clue... a whisper...


No comments:

Post a Comment