Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mocha Love Affair

I am sitting with my hands wrapped around my mocha this morning, and I am so in love.  It's warm, and sweet, and comforting.  Every Friday, a mocha coffee was my treat, I would savor it, and sip it slowly, knowing I couldn't have more for a whole week.  Then, I had one on a Monday.  Then Thursday.  It was happening so often, I didn't know whether I would start my day with one, or top off my lunch with one.  Just two nights ago, I had one while I taught Pathfinders to make necklaces.  It's Thursday morning, and I am happier with every sip.  I know already I will wake up with one tomorrow, and lay on the couch with a second, letting it keep me warm and fulfilled.  It's a love affair, and for all the things I gift to myself, I am every grateful for Mocha.

This morning, quiet in my office with my lovely coffee, I am also grateful for reasonable thought that occurs over time and sleep.  I am quieted this morning, mocha steam drifting out of my favorite Starbucks mug that has become part of me (really I think it's become part of my hand... seems to be part of my palm, I am rarely seen without it during the day).  I know this will not be my only post today, as I have a lot on my mind.  So, I welcome the company of my sweet companion while I spend my day in contemplation and let it sooth my soul and caress my core.


...to be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment