Saturday, November 26, 2011

An Up Hill Climb Of An Icy Slope - In Snow Shoes

I watched a movie tonight.  Two friends switched lives...essentially "filling in" for each other in their lives, making the best of what they'd gotten with what they had.  ...In the end, of course, it all comes down to the lesson - what if the daily life you had was gone?  What if everything you knew changed?  Could you make the best of what you have with what you've got?  Would you want your everyday back just as it was?

There are days I struggle.  I struggle with who I am, who I was, who I want to be.  I look around and want so much to be different.  I always want more.  I want to be better, I want to be wanted.  I want to be beautiful, and spiritual, and healthier.  I want to be whole, and I want to make a difference.  My "I want to"s are an uphill climb of an icy slope in snow shoes... Tomorrow if I woke up, and all my "want to"s were, would I be satisfied?  What if the Earth's icy slopes cracked open, and offered up a pool of fresh water to swim in?



Tomorrow if I was not who I am, would my children love me the same?  If my desire for knowledge and constant learning were gone, would I able to encourage them to never accept an answer without a question?  If I had nothing more to work for, or towards, how would I encourage dreams, imagination, desire and goals?  Tomorrow if I valued my appearance more than being true to myself, could I stand to look in the mirror? If I I wasn't who I am now, would my husband want a life with me?

Today I know that I am loved.  Today, right now, I know that my children are sure I hung the moon, and shined the stars for them.  Today, I know that my heart is full, and my soul is reaching - and that is ok.  If my soul was idle, God wouldn't even recognize me - for that's not the path mapped out for me.

I am reaching, and growing, and changing and learning.  I am alive, with a heart full of love.  My soul is ever reaching for galaxies of light, and I am grateful.  If my everyday was gone, could I carry on?  The truth is, for the most part, yes, I could.  I have.  I learned.  I am stronger with every lesson the Universe has handed me.

Some days, I make the best of what I have with what I've got, and some days, what I've got, is the best of what I have.

Tomorrow, I most likely won't be different, and neither will my life.  Tomorrow, I may still struggle.  Tomorrow my soul with reach, and tomorrow it will still be ok.  I may still work to have what I want, but the thing is, I already want what I have, and that makes all the difference.



Besides, I learned a while ago, that I like to snow shoe - I just have to choose the terrain I cover carefully, and have the right people by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment