Friday, November 4, 2011

Wash it Away

There are few things, to me, as therapeutic as a hot shower.  Every single night, I wash away my day, sending the days energy down the drain with the water.

I love the heat of warm water rushing over my skin, and pouring over me.  I love being surrounded by something so cleansing and gentle, yet powerful and pure.  There are days, I could stand under a hot shower just as long as the hot water tank allows.

The shower is healing - physically and emotionally.  It warms my muscles, soothes my skin, and quiets my mind. The shower is a place of solace for me.  It's where I think best, it's where I often just sit on the floor and cry, letting my tears wash down and away from me.  It's quiet there, the rush of the water often drowns out the noise surrounding me, or that has filled my head during the day.

I am so grateful for hot showers, the powerful element of water, and the quiet place that settles me.

And so... I shall.  I shall send it all away down the drain and back to the Earth.  And maybe...raspberry body wash that bubbles...






No comments:

Post a Comment