Thursday, November 17, 2011

No, It's Not Cute...Not Even A Little...

It's officially a new season.  I was in denial as long as I could be.  As long as there was no snow, it's was just autumn.  And though Solstice is still 34 days away, there's no denying winter is here, and it did not start well for me.  

The snow started, my boots were still in the garage...thank you procrastination... I made my way to the garage for boots, and discovered a mouse had fancied my boarder boots for his new home.  It did not bode well with me.  Thank goodness for well hidden Sorrels.  Aha!  I didn't even know what I was going to be grateful until just this second! I am grateful for boots the mice didn't find!  (I am not happy to be without my boarder boots and will be ordering new ones in the morning - drat!).


This is Creators fat little creature that invaded my garage...and believe me, when I found him, I was very grateful his heart had slowed from the cold and he was unable to move....forgive me if I don't find him cute...he lived in my boots!  

This time next year, I will be grateful for Rubbermaid.

2 comments:

  1. hehe, you lost your boots, but this little guy lost his home... and his life?

    lol, I can't help it... I think there's an inner Buddhist in me or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He died content, with a full belly and fast asleep. Well actually, I can't really be certain he's dead. He was, I think, in hibernation mode, I simply folded the bag over and put it in the garbage can with all the food and boots he had gotten into. For all I know, he could wake up the happiest mouse on earth!

    ReplyDelete